Reliability, Innovation, Versatility, Safety... in the hands of the surgeon.
Tecres has successfully produced pre-formed antibiotic loaded spacers for since 1996.
Spacers are implantable devices indicated to temporarily replace a prosthesis in a septic revision procedure.
Tecres has 33 different spacers:
- 17 devices in the Spacer line: with gentamicin
- 16 devices in the Vancogenx line: with vancomycin and gentamicin
Clinical studies published in peer reviewed journals by several international centers have demonstrated that the two stage technique combined with the use of a preformed industrial spacer produces excellent results from functional and biological point of view (eradication of infection in combination with systemic therapy).
Spacer for hip
The Tecres spacer for hip has a load-bearing structure in stainless steel coated with antibiotic bone cement and it resembles a femoral prosthesis.
- Spacer-G: preformed spacer loaded with gentamicin (3 sizes of head with long stem and 3 sizes of head with short stem).
- Spacer-G Flat Stem: preformed spacer loaded with gentamicin with flat stem designed to preserve the greater trochanter (3 sizes of head with long stem and 3 sizes of head with short stem).
- Vancogenx-Space: preformed spacer loaded with vancomycin & gentamicin (3 sizes of head with long stem and 3 sizes of head with short stem).
Spacer for knee
The Tecres spacer for Knee it is made with antibiotic bone cement and It comprises two independent articulating elements. The tibial component has a flat base on which the femoral component articulates.
- Spacer-K: preformed spacer for knee loaded with gentamicin.
- Vancogenx-Space Knee: preformed spacer for knee loaded with vancomycin and gentamicin.
Spacer for shoulder
The Tecres spacer for Shoulder has a load-bearing structure in stainless steel coated with gentamicin bone cement and it resembles a shoulder prosthesis.